Before presenting a bill to the Treasury, the Drawing Officer may refer to the following points for preparation of a bill:
- Bills must be prepared in the prescribed printed format.
- Cutting /overwriting /alterations must be attested by the DDO with full signatures and date thereon.
- Only a valid Drawing Officer can present the bill in the Treasury.
- The sanction order annexed with the bill, should be issued by the Competent Authority.
- The amount described in "UNDER RUPEES" should be mentioned in the prescribed place, in red ink and should be in round figures.
- Head of Account entered in the bill must be correct.
- Sufficient Budget must be available.
- AG authority for drawl of money must be obtained.
- Bills objected from the Treasury must be presented on the same Token number.
- Sequence of the Bill Token Book must be maintained. If a Token is not to be used, it shall have to be cancelled
Bills of Contingent Expenditure:
- Fully vouched contingent Bills exceeding Rs.1000/ should be supported with original vouchers.
- All the vouchers should be passed for payment by the DDO.
- Seal of stock entry should be appended on purchase voucher.
- Certificate of the DDO regarding compliance of store purchase rules must be given on the bill.
- Sanction of the Competent Authority should be annexed with the purchase bill.
- All deductions should be mentioned at the appropriate column.
- Deduction schedules should be in prescribed format.
- No of sanctioned posts against which salary is drawn is to be annexed with the bill
- Category & pay scale should be mentioned against the permanent sanctioned post.
- By Transfer entries should be reflected in correct column.
- Procedure should be followed as per MPTC vol. Subsidiary Rule 121.
- Post continuation order as per MPTC Vol. I Subsidiary Rule 256 must be entered on the bill.
- For transferred employees, LPC must be attached with the bill.
- Periodical increment certificate must be attached where required.
- For new appointees, medical certificate must be attached with the first Pay bill.
- Income Tax and Professional Tax deduction schedule must be attached with the bill
Medical Reimbursement Bills
- The amount on the voucher should be passed by competent authority.
- The prescription slip should be duly signed by the competent authority.
- The limit for reimbursement fixed as per rule should be taken care of while preparing the reimbursement claim.
- If the bill exceeds the fixed limit then competent sanction must be annexed.
- The name of the employee, Post held, category, pay scale and extent of DA should be clearly mentioned.
- The purpose of journey should be mentioned clearly in the bill.
- The journey should be verified by the competent authority.
- Out of state journey must be accompanied by competent sanction.
- For Transfer claims , tickets must be enclosed.
- Original receipts of transportation of house hold goods must be enclosed.
- All TA claims outstanding for a period more than one year should be supported with a certificate as per MPTC Vol. I Subsidiary Rule 115.
Refund of Revenue Bill
- The deposited amount should be verified by Treasury Officer.
- The sanction of Refund should be issued by the competent authority.
- All columns of the refund bill and the necessary certificates should be completed.
- Bill is to be presented as per MPTC Vol. I Subsidiary Rule 564.
- Original sanction order must be attached with the bill.
- Countersignature of competent authority is essential.
- Bank endorsement to be given. This is to be checked.
- Certificate as per FD order dated 15.7.96 should be attached with the bill.