Financial Management and Information Systems (FMIS)
The Financial Management and
Information Systems (FMIS) deals with the Financial Management, Treasury
Management and the Computerized Information Systems.
CONCEPT OF COMPUTERISATION
Any financial control mechanism
requires collection and processing of correct information about expenditure and
receipts. Since, treasuries are the end points of the Government organizations
as far as receipts and expenditure are concerned, they are the most suitable
place for collecting such information. Therefore, under the information system,
the information up to detailed budget head about all transactions, whether of
receipts or expenditure, is collected and transmitted to the Finance Department
for its further processing or use by other organizations in the Government.
Since, the data collected at treasuries are near to the reality, it paves the
way for better financial control than what exists today.
INFORMATION MODULES OF COMPUTERISATION
The computerization addresses the main
concerns of Financial Management and Treasury Management, and is compatible with
the computerization of A.G.M.P.
of modules, of treasury computerization have the following Salient
- The Finance Department through F.M.I.S. shall be able to analyze
department-wise / Budget head-wise receipts and payments, as well as keep track
of budget allocation to the departments, projects schemes.
- The Finance Department shall be able to monitor allotment, expenditure and
reimbursement claims of various Externally Funded and Central Sector Centrally
- The Finance Department shall be able to track the recovery of loans to
Para-Statal Organization. Besides the Department must be able to monitor all the
- The Finance Department shall be able to get feed back on the impact of
expenditure/financial control measures undertaken.
- Facilitating the pre-audit of bills at treasury level.
- Maintenance of various Deposit/ Fund Accounts at the Treasury level.
- Monitoring of the recovery of the loans and advances to the Government
- Reconciliation of figures of receipts of the department with bank
- Maintenance of employees as well as pensioners database.
- Maintenance of account of Non-Judicial /Judicial/Other Stamps.
- Tracking system of pension and pay fixation cases.
- Monitoring of
Audit-paras of P.A.C./A.G./Internal Audit of Directorate of
Treasuries and Accounts.